Match Report 9 April 2017

In the Premier Division Billingham The White House entertained local rivals Billingham The Merlin and it was the visitors who took the lead after five minutes when a right wing corner was headed home by Spencer Nixon.  Billingham The White House hit back and equalised five minutes later through Nathan Bayes, the game then settled down as both sides strived to take control.  Billingham The Merlin took the lead once again on 32 minutes when a speculative 25 yard shot from David Roth saw keeper Chris Davison deceived when as he dived to collect the ball appeared to divert off the ground and over him into the net.  Billingham The White House pushed for an equaliser before half time but were denied twice by Billingham The Merlin keeper Christopher Weegram who pulled off two excellent saves to deny them just before half time.  In the second half Billingham The White House dominated the game and were rewarded when Nathan Bayes scored his second to bring the game level and it was left to substitute Christopher Atkinson to wrap up the points when he struck late in normal time to secure all three points for Billingham The White House.  Thornaby Oddfellows and Hardwick Social Club shared nine goals but it was Hardwick Social Club who sneaked the result by the odd goal.  Scorers for Thornaby Oddfellows were Arron Brookbanks with a hat-trick and one goal from Benjamin Kerry and for Hardwick Tony Johnson scored two plus one apiece from Charlie Raby, Steven Roberts and Christopher Stockton.  The other game in this division saw Norton Red Lion at home to Billingham Cowpen Club and it was the home side who ran out 6-0 winners with two goals each for Bradley Murray and Josh Dowsland and one each from Ryan Watson and substitute Christian Selby.

In Division One Thornaby Aerodrome Club were at home to Storytellers United and it was the home side who came out on top 4-2 thanks to goals from Shaun Hunnam, Christopher Fairless, Jason McNamee and substitute Mark Robinson and for Storytellers Christopher Waites and Jonathan McLone were the goal scorers.  In a mid-table clash Jolly Farmers entertained Doctor McGonicles and it was Jolly Farmers who ran out 4-2 winners with two goals from Kevin Thomas and one apiece for Arran Scott and Matthew Baike-Ghazvini and for the visitors Chrissy Skipper scored both the goals.

In Division Two Eaglescliffe F.C entertained PH FC Elmtree in the last game of the season for both teams and it was PH FC Elmtree who came out on top 2-0 thanks to goals from John James and Michael Bond.  John James ended the season with 41 goals for PH FC Elmtree and top scorer not only in the division but also in the league.

In the Stephen Wells Memorial Trophy semi-final second division Nifco were at home to first division Thornaby Roundel and the first 90 minutes didn’t produce a goal therefore extra time was required and Nifco caused an upset by winning 2-1 in the extra time despite having a player sent off.  The scorers for Nifco were John Williams and Michael White and for Thornaby Roundel Dhanish Hussain was their scorer.  Nifco will now meet the winners on the other semi-final between Jolly Farmers and JFC United on Friday 12 May at Thornaby F.C.