Match Report 2 April 2017

In the Premier Division Billingham The White House were at home to Norton Red Lion and it was the visitors who came out on top 4-2.  Billingham The White House were a player down early in the game due to a red card when he was adjudged to been the last man and baulked the Lion forward.  Billingham The White House felt this was a harsh decision but battled bravely but Norton Red Lion deserved the victory with their third goal being an awesome beauty from 25 yards which gave the keeper no chance whatsoever. Scorers for Norton Red Lion were Jamie Barton, Ryan Rudd, Ryan Watson and an own goal, Bryan Stewart and Josh Chambers scored for Billingham The White House.  Norton George & Dragon completed their season with a narrow 4-3 win against Billingham The Merlin with two goals from Nathan Mohun and a goal each for Liam Blyth and Philip Horsman and for Billingham The Merlin there was two goals from Bradley Thackeray and one for Ryan Chan.

In Division One Thornaby Aerodrome Club entertained Village Park Rangers and the sides shared four goals and one point each as Village Park Rangers completed their fixtures and finish as runners-up in the division and promotion to the Premier Division.  Thornaby Aerodrome Club goals came from Peter Harbron and Shaun Hunnam and for Village Park Rangers the goals came from Gavin Robson and substitute Callum McNally.  Fairfield Sports & Social Club were at home to St Marys College and the teams shared 12 goals with Fairfield Sports & Social Club just edging the game 7-5 thanks to two goals from Michael Ball and a goal each for Lee Jordan, Carl Dinsdale, Joshua Conlan, Matthew Dixon and Tom Beattie.  For St Marys Josh O’Donoghue scored twice with a goal each for Andrew Stephen, Francis Hynes and Jack Sedgwick.  Stockton Five Alls and Thornaby Roundel met each in other in what turned out to be a bad-tempered game that saw one player from each side sent off and several players cautioned.  The result saw Thornaby Roundel edge the game 2-1 with goals from Dhanish Hussain and Matthew McGee, for Stockton Five Alls Chris Wright was the scorer.  First Division champions JFC United completed their season with a defeat going down by the odd goal in five to Billingham The Kings, Jonathon Casson scored twice for Billingham The Kings plus one from Leighton Harbron and for JFC United Florin Craciun and Vasile Bucuresteanu were the goal scorers.

In Division Two there were only two games and both ended honours even with Nifco and Eaglescliffe playing a 1-1 draw, Biaine Lewis scored for Nifco and Eaglescliffe scored through an own goal.  The Oxbridge entertained Marton Rovers and the teams ended all square 2-2, Clark Peacock and Liam Train scoring for the home side and Andrew Townsend and an own goal was the reply from Marton Rovers.

In the Ian Gorman Memorial Trophy third round tie Hardwick Social Club entertained Thornaby Village at Tilery and ran out 4-1 winners to book their place in the semi-final where they will face first division champions JFC United.  The goals came from Kallum Hannah, Nathan Mulligan, Christopher Stockton and substitute Cameron Wilson and Jake Scott replied for Thornaby Village.

In the Stephen Wells Memorial Trophy third round tie first division Jolly Farmers hosted second division RSD and it was the home side who came out on top 4-0 with goals from Arran Scott, Daniel Smith, Charlie Iveson and Connor Hardman.  Jolly Farmers will now meet JFC United in the semi-final.

In the John Jackson Memorial Trophy Semi-final Portrack hosted Thornaby Oddfellows and the game was eventually settled after extra time with Portrack coming out on top 6-5.  Potrack's goals came from Ricky Dull and substitute John Allison who scored two each plus one each from Gareth Poole and Ben Turner and for Thornaby Oddfellows with two goals each were Andrew Dinsdale and Richard Robinson plus one from Benjamin Kerry.