Match Report 12 February 2017

The title race in Division One has opened up again following the defeat of leaders JFC United and a victory for Village Park Rangers to draw the team’s level on points with each having three league fixtures left to play.  Fairfield Sports & Social Club were the visitors to JFC United and came away with the points in a 3-2 win with goals from Chris Johnson, Ian Jordan and Lee Jordan.  For JFC United Junior Masandi scored both the goals.  Meanwhile Village Park Rangers entertained Doctor McGonigles (was The Garrick) and ran out 6-3 winners thanks to two goals each from Anthony Shaw and David Wilkinson plus a goal apiece for Gavin Robson and Andy Harris, for the visitors there was two goals for Chrissy Skipper plus one for Craig Wetherill.

In Division One Norton Unicorn moved up to fourth place with their fifth straight win including beating the top three teams their latest win 4-1 against leaders South Bank thanks to two goals from Robert Walton and a goal each for Jamie Cook and Adam Walton, Isam Benomran replied for South Bank.  At the other end of the table Riverside and Eaglescliffe shared the points in a 2-2 draw with Nathan Dorgan and Tony Bryan on target for Riverside and for Eaglescliffe Dominic Halliday and Matthew Purcell were the scorers.  Thornaby Sports & Leisure were at home to RSD but suffered a heavy defeat going down 7-1 thanks to a hat-trick from Edward Griffin and two goals for Liam Davis plus a goal each for Adam Brownless and Reyadh Abbas with Andrew Milbourne replying for Thornaby Sports & Leisure.  The George Pub & Grill suffered another defeat this time going down 3-2 at home to Nifco UK, The George goals from Craig Lake and Dean Hunt.  The goals for Nifco came from Scott Wright, John Williams and Michael White.

In the Stephen Wells Memorial Trophy Second Round PH FC Elmtree from division two entertained first division Thornaby Roundel at Tilery and it was the visitors who progressed by the odd goal in five, Ian Evans scored both goals for PH FC Elmtree and for Thornaby Roundel the goals came from Jordan Boyes, Kieran Campbell and Mark Campbell.  Thornaby Roundel are now away to Marton Rovers in the quarter finals.